If you follow these simple exercises you can change your look in 1 month.
They target the multiple muscle groups and do not require any expensive equipment.
You will only need commitment, determination, and only 10 minutes a day.
In this way, you will create a habit which will stay with you for a longer period of time.
You can increase the time and effort if you want to improve the results.
Moreover, the exercises need to be combined with healthy nutrition and lifestyle.
- Planks – they strengthen and tone the core muscles of the abdomen, hips, and back. You can modify them, thus beginners can start with a basic plank position, and try modifying forms which can challenge the most athletic bodies. So, lie flat on the ground with your face down and place your arms so that your shoulders are over your elbow. Your wrists need to be angled with the elbows in a straight line. Tighten the abs as well as your buttock, holding to this position as long as you can. Suck your belly button and keep your body straight as long as possible without locking your knees. Go on with the breathing and do not hold your breath, extending the time gradually of holding yourself in this position. Rest for 1 minute between the repetitions.
- Push-up – they are great for your chest, and will also strengthen your back, triceps, and core muscles. Lie on your stomach, placing your hands on the ground to your armpits, and push yourself up where your elbows will be slightly bent. Keep your stomach tightened. Then, bend your elbows and lower your body until hovering couple of inches above the floor. Hold a deep breath, press half-way up and hold for another deep breath. Repeat the exercise by lowering your back to the lowest point, where you’d hold your breath deeply and come back to your half-way point for one more hold. Repeat the exercise as many times as you can. An easy variation is for you to place the knees on the floor.
- Lunges – they will strengthen and tone your thighs, buttocks, and hamstrings. You can hold a dumbbell in each hand. If you want to diversify the exercise, pick a target 50 meters away and perform lunges towards the target. Stand straight and part your feet to the width of your shoulders. Take your right leg forward and get the left one back. After that slowly bend the knees until both of your legs are at right angles. After that, push back up to the starting position, keeping your back straight, and without letting your knees extend over your toes. Repeat the exercise 10-15 times for each leg.
- Squats – it is great for the lower body part which will help you tone your legs and butt, as well as strengthen your thighs, hips, and hamstrings. Stand straight and part your feet to the width of your shoulders and put your hands stretched forward for extra balance. Bend your knees and lower yourself. The knees need to be at 90 degrees angle, while the thighs need to be parallel to the floor. Keep your back straight, without letting your knees extend over your toes. Get back to the starting position and perform 2 sets of 15-20 repetitions.
- Quad opposite arm-leg raise – it is great for strengthening your back as it targets the core muscles, and those of the back, buttocks, hips, and shoulders. Balance your body on your knees and hands (they need to be shoulder-width apart and slightly forward), and put your knees below your hips, slightly apart. Lengthen your left hand and your right leg at the same time, returning to the base position and doing the same with the other side. Do 10 repetitions for every side.
- Crunches / Sit ups (including Crunch and twist) – they are great for shaping your stomach. Sit ups involve the abs, muscles in the chest, back, neck, and hips, while crunches isolate the abdominal muscles without using the muscles in your hips. Here is how to do crunches: lay on the floor, holding your hands by your ears to prevent neck strain, bend your knees with your feet on the floor and lift your shoulders and upper back up away from the floor with your face towards the ceiling; exhale once you come up, hold for a second, inhale, and return to the starting position; repeat 15-25 times. How to do crunch and twist: start with the same position, but raise yourself up slowly, twisting your body from the waist (not shoulders and back); touch your left knee with your right elbow, untwist and return to the starting position; then do the opposite side; repeat the exercise 10-15 times for every side.
- Bridge pose – it is used for stretching and strengthening the back and abdominal muscles, and open the chest and lungs. It will also help in stretching your hips; strengthen your hamstrings, and buttocks. The pelvic floor muscles will also be strengthened. Lie on your back, placing your hands alongside your body with the palms down. Bend the legs and keep the feet flat on the floor with apart at shoulder width. Align your knees with your toes. Lift the hips and back until your shoulders are your only base that remains on the floor. Hold like that for a couple of deep breaths and then lower your hips. Repeat it couple of times.
Do every exercise for 1-2 minutes and take 20-30 seconds of break. Combine them with some cardio workout for rising your heart rate (10-20 minutes brisk walking)
Choose 3 or 4 exercises and do each of them for 3 minutes. Take a break of 20-3o seconds between each of the exercise. You should alternate between these 7 exercises. Add 10-20 minutes of brisk walking for optimal results.
Repeat the set from the first week.
Repeat the set from the second week.