Wearing the right clothes should’t be about following the latest fashion trends, it should be about choosing what actually suits you and what makes you feel comfortable and confident. We all need to know that the dress must follow the body of a woman, not the body following the shape of the dress.
Knowing your basic body shape, helps you to understand the types of clothes that will accentuate your good features and minimize your less than perfect bits. No matter how unique we think we are, our bodies actually belong to one of the 4 typical forms.
Here are a few tips on how to identify your figure and how to know what should you wear.
Apple shaped figures:
You need to use angular lines to minimize the impression of roundness and softness.
- Blouses and anything that is in the style of a corset;
- Deep V – neck and round neck;
- Clothes with a style that reminds of draperies, but not too broad, because you will look even bigger;
- Straight leg trousers;
- Pants with a high waist and pants that are a little stretch; these pants have a belt effect and will keep your stomach in place.
- Long shirts, or anything that is too baggy and which lacks concrete form;
- Details like pockets on shirts and complicated textures.
Your secret weapon:
You should wear an undershirt; it will create a smooth surface for all other clothing.
Achieve balance by adding volume to the upper body – it will reduce the shape of the lower body
- Pants with darker colors that are made of stronger materials and have a very small percentage of stretchable material in order to obtain the desired effect of slenderness ;
- Lower and wider belts (which help minimize the buttocks);
- T-shirts that have a slight neck line and are reminiscent of a blouse;
- Tunics (wear a belt below your natural waist, long jackets and shirts).
- Bright denim that will accentuate your problem area;
- Shirts that are too tight will point out the differences between the upper and lower body;
- Details that attract attention, such as pockets on the hips and thighs.
Your secret weapon:
You need to remove the cloth from the inside of the pockets of pants and it will reduce their volume.
Hourglass shape :
Best tip: You need to emphasize your silhouette.
- Simple, solid forms that will emphasize the waist;
- Wide belts, pencil skirts, shoulder straps that will make your waist even smaller;
- T-shirts with circular cutouts and shirts with an off shoulder cut;
- Slightly trapezoidal trousers or regular trousers.
- Pleats, ruffles, studs and superfluous details;
- All flat, square shapes;
Your secret weapon: Is fitted bodice that spreads around the waist.
Athletic / boyish shape :
Best tip: Use clothes to create curves where they do not naturally exist.
- Details which will add fulness to the upper part like a steering wheel, flaps and folds; Sleeveless shirts that show your finely defined arms;
- Skirts with high waist; they should begin at the smallest part of the waist and under the bust.
- Style inspired by men’s clothing, straight cuts.
Your secret weapon: Is a blouse with frills stuffed in a skirt with a high waist